Custom 4x4 Magazine

Please Vote For This Site!
You can Click Once a Day

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:53:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
256 Posts in 97 Topics by 166 Members
Latest Member: EarnestO83
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Custom 4x4 Forums
|-+  Tech Questions
| |-+  Dodge Tech
| | |-+  Monster suspension
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Monster suspension  (Read 3795 times)
enafzige

Email
« on: September 08, 2009, 01:07:12 PM »

I'm about to do the rear monster suspension upgrade on my old dodge and have a few questions.

1.  What do you do about the front bed mounts?  From what I can tell, you move the front hanger forward.  However, immediately in front of the front hangers on each side are bed/body mounts.

2.  I got the Skyjacker CR33S springs.  It's a 4-leaf spring pack with an extremely thick bottom overload spring.  Do you remove this heavy bottom leaf/spacer, or can you get the full 20" travel with it in place?

3.  Is there a complete write up or set of instructions on how to do this?  I saw on offroad exchange that there's a little write up, but directions for the rear spring hanger placement are incomplete, as it still says pictures to come.

Thanks guys!!!
Admin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 09:02:29 AM »

I have done this on all years of Dodges and it can be done. The rear hangers are not going to fit prefect however. I had to make custom hangers and no templates are available for the pre-76 trucks. The angle of the shackle bucket is different and it will cant the new bracket forward. This could cause problems with the top bolt on the new hanger. The best thing to do is to mount the front two bolts and then custom locate the two rear bolts in the best location for your frame.

The front bed mounts can be moved to the top of the frame (as they are on the newer trucks) and should line up with holes in the bed. At least they did on the 74 I did this install on. I did have to whack off the original brackets as I recall. It's been a lot of years since I did this last. The memory is the first thing to go I guess, haha.

Bill Cooke
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: